I was imagining the intricacies involved in constructing an airplane. These devices are equipped with the necessary mechanisms for flight!
Definition of takeoff (Merriam Webster)
- 1: an imitation especially in the way of caricature
- 2a : a spot at which one takes offb : a starting point : point of departure
- 3a : a rise or leap from a surface in making a jump or flight or an ascent in an aircraft or in the launching of a rocketb : an action of starting outc : a rapid rise in activity, growth, or popularity <an economic takeoff>
- 4: an action of removing something
- 5: a mechanism for transmission of the power of an engine or vehicle to operate some other mechanism